The latest release of NI AWR Design Environment, specifically Analyst™, provides for new and expanded capabilities. Highlights include:
- New Surface Roughness Model - Now accounting for the effects of surface roughness, Analyst introduces a roughness parameter that improves the accuracy of transmission line simulations where surface roughness impacts electrical behavior, such as insertion loss.
- New Spherical Perfectly Matched Layer - A PML boundary condition is now added that can result in faster simulations for antenna far field calculations, because the spherical extrusion typically adds fewer elements to the mesh than it would in the rectangular case.
- Enhanced 3D Editor - Various drawing enhancements including auto-complete for parameter and variable expression, variable grouping and sorting enhance 3D editing functionality.
- Improved Ports: Wave ports have more flexibility. They can be drawn over part of a boundary wall, making port configuration easier. Enhanced support of ports through hierarchical layouts. V13 is easier to access “Ports Only” solve mode to access port fields, propagation constants, and port impedances.
Learn more: What's New
- IC, PCB and Module Interconnects - Wire bonds, air bridges, ball grids, and vias
- On-Chip and Off-Chip Passives
- Hierarchical Interconnect - Common to SoC, SiP
- Design Verification of Layout - Including finite dielectrics
- 3D Antenna Design and Analysis
For applications such as particle accelerators, waveguides, cavities and resonators, learn more: Analyst-MP for multi-physics applications
- EXTRACT - Schematic-driven EM extraction technology/design flow
- Layout/Drawing Editor - 2D and 3D construction and views
- Proprietary FEM full-wave technology
- Direct and interative solvers
- Discrete and fast-frequency sweeps
- Meshing Technology - Automatic and adaptive meshing
- 3D volumetric tetrahedron-based mesh
- Thin and thick metal support
- Surface roughness
- Finite dielectrics
- Sources - Numerous excitations for ports
- Visualization - 2D and 3D field visualization as well as results post-processing
- Antenna analysis and post-processing
- Parametric Studies - Leading to optimization, tuning, and yield analysis
- HPC - Support for 64-bit PC platform, multi-core configurations, and asynchronous simulation
- MMIC - Design flows and process design kits for working with GaAs/GaN foundries
- PCB - Single and multi-layer board modeling, simulation and layout solutions
- Modules - Multi-technology packaging modeling and simulation solutions for MMIC/RFIC, chip/package/board interconnects and embedded passives
- RFIC - Mixed-signal and Silicon RF design
- Systems - EM, circuit, and system co-simulation